»

Friday, April 5, 2013

Poaching Daisies by Carole Thayne Warburton



MY REVIEW:

I discovered a fun,  new author, Carole Thayne Warburton. Well, she's been around for awhile, but she is new to me.:) I am also seriously rethinking my former opinion that I don't care for the thriller, mystery genre because this is the second one I've read recently that I truly enjoyed. It wasn't the mystery so much as the characters Carole created in Penny, Aunt Iris, and Russ in that drew my interest. As a writer myself, sometimes it is hard to turn off the 'editor' side of my brain-- the side that nitpicks at my work and others' and just enjoy the story. 

While reading, Poaching DaisiesI'm happy to say I laughed a lot at the zany antics and beliefs of Aunt Iris, fell in love with the vulnerable, yet strong character of Penny, and that Russ is a man after my own heart-- and I am not a hunter, although I am an avid supporter of the right for lawful citizens to bear arms-- (which Iris has big issues with.) 

The characters felt real and although stereotypical in some beliefs, I enjoyed watching them grow and work together so that each benefited from the other's viewpoint, something that should happen more in 'the real world.'

This was a most enjoyable read and I am glad I took the journey with Penny, Iris and Russ. :)

Laugh lots ... Love much ... Write on... :)




BACK COVER:

Who is Trying to Silence Penny?

Penny Thorton's dreams of being a park ranger start to unravel her first
week on the job when she finds a dead bear in Yellowstone's back country.
Shots are fired as she runs away, but once she tells the authorities, all
evidence evaporates. Penny's aunt Iris, who is bent on eradicating an
invasive species of daisy from the park, puts that mission on hold when
more bears are killed and she becomes entangled in the mystery. After
several attempts on Penny's life, she and Iris learn to trust no one not
even their friends.






What other reviewers thought: 

This book has it all: romance, suspense, intrigue, and a pair of feisty
and fun heroines that will soon become your best friends. Warburton
doesn't disappoint in this delightful and fast-paced story. --Cami Checketts, author of Dead Running and Dying to Run

Poaching Daisies is an engaging story of mystery, romance, and
humor. . . . We want the good guys to win, but we're not always sure
who they are, and Warburton keeps us guessing until the very end. --Janet Kay Jensen, author of Gabriel s Daughter

Poaching Daisies is a great story with suspense, danger, clashing
personalities that lead to romance, and crushes that lead to being a bit
wiser. --Susan Dayley, author of Cold Pursuit

0 comments:

Post a Comment