»

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Ghost at Judy Creek Station


Now that Trouble Blows West is written and published, I thought I'd switch gears and start reading. So, here are my thoughts on an middle-grade novel I just finished. :) 

An abandoned train station, an ancient ghost and a modern day computer spy… oh my! 

The Ghost at Judy Creek Station by Laurie Cameron and Laura Meagher, is a fun middle school read that combines the quick thinking of 12-year-old Simon, and his new friends, Annie and Aaron. The three sleuths try to solve a century old mystery with modern day technology.

The setting is a small Illinois town in the summer, which brought back fun memories for me as my own grandmother lived in a small Illinois town that has a train running through the middle of it. The story moves along quickly, too quickly in spots, but nonetheless, will be enjoyable to most MG readers. It has adventure, problems to be solved, friends and introduces contemporary kids to some old-time fun.

A nice mix for a day’s reading pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment