»

Thursday, November 15, 2012

HAPPY DANCE!!I

I am so very happy!! After months of plotting, writing, rewriting, editing, re-editing, I sent my 3rd Ginnie West novel off to my editor!

Whew... then came the second thoughts: will she like it? Will she get it? Will she want me to rewrite the WHOLE thing or make major changes?

Thankfully, my editor is a very personable person and as an author of 16 books, she knows very well how it feels to bundle up your 'baby' (or Manuscript in this case) and ship him or her off to another. She was gentle as she gave me a heads up about some changes she was suggesting. It turns out that she knows very well what she is doing (which is why she comes highly recommended  :) ) and her suggestions weren't too hard to apply.

As a matter of fact--I LOVED and applied pretty much all of them. And now I am VERY HAPPY to report:

SIMPLY WEST OF HEAVEN: A Ginnie West Adventure is officially done!

YAY!!! (Minus the cover, which my illustrator assures me is mostly finished.)

My illustrator, Gary Rasmussen, is the author of his own book: 90 Days in the Pen as well as an artist and horse whisperer and too many other things to list here.

In other words--he is a very busy man and I am so grateful he loves my West family enough to cover my books so beautifully.

In this season of Thanksgiving I would also like to express my gratitude for my friends, family, readers, and beta-readers as well as the experiences (good and bad) and opportunities that help me grow. I am extremely grateful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with this interesting, crazy, up-and-down journey called 'my life.'

He has filled it with amazing people and adventures (inside and outside of my head. ;) ) that make it S-O-O-O worth living.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

Laugh lots... Love much... Write on!

2 comments:

Steve and Shauna

Congratulations! I'm excited to see the new book (and get my copy ;-) Happy Thanksgiving!

Monique

I'll let you know as soon as it is ready to print!! :)

Post a Comment